May 17, 2016
GIANT/MARTIN’S TO HOST FREE HEALTH SCREENINGS AND VACCINATION REVIEWS AT SELECT PHARMACIES ON MAY 21
Carlisle, PA – As part of its ongoing commitment to help customers save money, save time and eat well, GIANT Food Stores and MARTIN’S Food Markets is offering free health screenings at select in-store pharmacies on Saturday, May 21 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. No appointment is necessary.
Customers can receive free blood pressure, glucose and cholesterol screenings, which include HDL, LDL, total cholesterol and triglycerides. Pharmacists will also be on hand to determine if customers are missing any recommended vaccinations.
“Offering these free health screenings is another way GIANT/MARTIN’S is helping our customers make healthier choices and manage their health and wellness needs,” said Leigh Shirley, director of pharmacy operations.
The free health screenings are available at the following GIANT pharmacies in Pennsylvania on May 21:
- 141 E. Swedesford Road, Exton
- 173 Holly Road, Gilbertsville
- 4211 Union Deposit Road, Harrisburg
- 1540 Cowpath Road, Hatfield
- 70 S. Locust St., Hazleton
- 1880 Leithsville Road, Hellertown
- 1605 Lititz Pike, Lancaster
- 224 Hardwood Dr., Lewisburg
- 255 Cumberland Parkway, Mechanicsburg
- 700 Nutt Road, Phoenixville
- 967 S. Township Line Road, Royersford
- 330 Marketplace Blvd., Selinsgrove
- 721 W. Sproul Road, Springfield
- 1255 Carlisle Road, York
The following MARTIN’S pharmacies are also participating:
- 1000 Logan Blvd., Altoona, PA
- 10150 Brook Rd., Glen Allen, VA
- 10250 Staples Mill Road, Glen Allen, VA
- 200 Charter Colony Pkwy, Midlothian, VA
- 7045 Forest Hill Ave., Richmond, VA
- 400 Gateway Dr., Winchester, VA
GIANT/MARTIN’S is committed to working every day to help its customers save money, save time and eat well. Founded in 1923 in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, GIANT/MARTIN’S operates nearly 200 grocery stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia, under the names of GIANT Food Stores and MARTIN’S Food Markets. GIANT/MARTIN’S employs more than 33,000 associates and is a division of Ahold USA. In addition to working with hundreds of local and regional organizations annually, GIANT/MARTIN’S has a long-standing focus on efforts to eradicate hunger and improve the quality of life for children. GIANT/MARTIN’S is one of the top ten fund-raisers in the country for local Children’s Miracle Network hospitals. The company was also recognized as 2015 Chain Retailer of the Year by Grocery Headquarters. For more information visit the GIANT or MARTIN'S websites. Find GIANT and MARTIN'S on Facebook and on Twitter @GiantFoodStores or @MartinsFoodMkts.