July 15 , 2015
GIANT Customer Service
GIANT FOOD STORES AND MARTIN’S FOOD MARKETS ALERTS CUSTOMERS TO
VOLUNTARY RECALL OF
BARBER FOODS STUFFED CHICKEN PRODUCTS
Carlisle, PA (July 13, 2015) Following a recall by Barber Foods, GIANT Food Stores, LLC and MARTIN’S Food Markets today announced it removed from sale select stuffed chicken products due to potential Salmonella contamination.
The following products are included in this recall:
- Barber Stuffed Chicken Cordon Bleu, 30 oz., UPC 7346197603 with a lot code of 0950552101
- Barber Stuffed Chicken Broccoli & Cheese, 30 oz., UPC 7346197653 with lot codes of 0950562101 and 0950564002
- Barber Stuffed Chicken Kiev, 10 oz., UPC 7346102109 with lot codes of 0950562201 and 0950492201
- Barber Stuffed Chicken Broccoli & Cheese, 10 oz., UPC 7346128501 with lot codes of 0950542202 and 0950482203
- Barber Stuffed Chicken Cordon Bleu, 10 oz., UPC 7346102108 with a lot code of 0950552202
- Barber Brie Stuffed Chicken, 10 oz., UPC 7346190788 with lot codes of 0950482205 and 0950552203
GIANT/MARTIN’S has received no reports of illnesses to date. Consumption of food contaminated with Salmonella can cause salmonellosis, one of the most common bacterial foodborne illnesses. Salmonella infections can be life-threatening, especially to those with weak immune systems, such as infants, the elderly and persons with HIV infection or undergoing chemotherapy. The most common manifestations of salmonellosis are diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and fever within eight to 72 hours. Additional symptoms may be chills, headache, nausea and vomiting that can last up to seven days.
Customers who have purchased these products should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to GIANT/MARTIN’S for a full refund.
Consumers looking for additional information on the recall may call Barber Foods at 1-844-564-5555. In addition customers may call GIANT/MARTIN’S Customer Service at 1-888-814-4268 for more information. Customers can also visit the GIANT or MARTIN’S websites
Founded in 1923 in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, GIANT/MARTIN’S operates nearly 200 grocery stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia, under the names of GIANT Food Stores and MARTIN’S Food Markets. GIANT/MARTIN’S employs more than 33,000 associates and is a division of Ahold USA. In addition to working with hundreds of local and regional organizations annually, GIANT/MARTIN’S has a long-standing focus on efforts to eradicate hunger and improve the quality of life for children. GIANT/MARTIN’S is one of the top ten fund-raisers in the country for local Children’s Miracle Network hospitals. The company was also recognized as 2015 Chain Retailer of the Year by Grocery Headquarters. For more information visit GIANT or MARTIN'S websites. Find GIANT and MARTIN'S on Facebook and on Twitter @GiantFoodStores or @MartinsFood