September 11, 2015
GIANT FOOD STORES AND MARTIN’S FOOD MARKETS TO HOST FREE HEALTH SCREENINGS AT SELECT PHARMACIES ON SEPT. 12
Carlisle, PA – In an effort to help customers stay healthy, GIANT Food Stores and MARTIN’S Food Markets are offering free health screenings at select in-store pharmacies on Saturday, Sept.12 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Customers can receive free blood pressure, glucose and cholesterol screenings.
In addition, GIANT/MARTIN’S pharmacists can help determine if you are missing any recommended adult vaccinations. No appointment is necessary.
“We are committed to the health and wellness of our customers and in addition to filling your prescriptions, our in-store pharmacists are also qualified resources to assist you in managing your health conditions,” said Leigh Shirley, GIANT/MARTIN’S director of pharmacy operations.
The free health screenings are available at the following GIANT pharmacies on Saturday, Sept. 12:
- 141 East Swedesford Rd., Exton, PA
- 173 Holly Rd., Gilbertsville, PA
- 4211 Union Deposit Rd., Harrisburg, PA
- 1540 Cowpath Rd., Hatfield, PA
- 70 S. Locust St., Hazleton, PA
- 1880 Leithesville Rd., Hellertown, PA
- 1605 Lititz Pike, Lancaster, PA
- 255 Cumberland Pkwy., Mechanicsburg, PA
- 967 S. Township Line Rd., Royersford, PA
- 721 W. Sproul Rd., Springfield, PA
- 1255 Carlisle Rd., York, PA
The following MARTIN’S pharmacies are also offering the free health screenings:
- 100 Logan Blvd., Altoona, PA
- 10150 Brook Rd., Glen Allen, VA
- 10250 Staples Mill Rd., Glen Allen, VA
- 7045 Forest Hill Ave., Richmond, VA
GIANT/MARTIN’S health screenings are generously supported by Planters NUT-rition and Cheerios. For more details, visit GIANT or MARTIN’S websites.
Founded in 1923 in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, GIANT/MARTIN’S operates nearly 200 grocery stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia, under the names of GIANT Food Stores and MARTIN’S Food Markets. GIANT/MARTIN’S employs more than 33,000 associates and is a division of Ahold USA. In addition to working with hundreds of local and regional organizations annually, GIANT/MARTIN’S has a long-standing focus on efforts to eradicate hunger and improve the quality of life for children. GIANT/MARTIN’S is one of the top ten fund-raisers in the country for local Children’s Miracle Network hospitals. The company was also recognized as 2015 Chain Retailer of the Year by Grocery Headquarters. GIANT and MARTIN’S are Ahold companies. For more information visit GIANT or MARTIN'S websites. Find GIANT and MARTIN'S on Facebook and on Twitter @GiantFoodStores or @MartinsFoodMkts.