March 18, 2015
GIANT/MARTIN’S ALERTS CUSTOMERS TO VOLUNTARY RECALL OF SELECT FRONTIER AND SIMPLY ORGANIC BRAND ITEMS
Carlisle, PA – Following a recall by Frontier Co-op, GIANT Food Stores, LLC and MARTIN’S Food Markets announced it removed from sale select Frontier and Simply Organic brand items due to potential Salmonella contamination.
The following products are included in this recall:
- Simply Organic Fajita Seasoning, 1 oz., UPC 8983618535, Lot codes 4118, 4246, 4287, 4332, 5008, 5030
- Simply Organic Veggie Chili Seasoning, 1 oz., UPC 8983618536, Lot codes 4208, 4259, 4282, 4311, 5015, 5047
- Simply Organic Sweet Basil Pesto Sauce Mix, 0.53 oz., UPC 8983618542, Lot codes 4196, 4238, 4280, 4330, 4364, 5037
- Simply Organic Alfredo Sauce Mix, 1.48 oz., UPC 8983618544, Lot codes 4182, 4223, 4224, 4272, 4353, 5027
- Frontier Organic Mama Garlic, 5 oz., UPC 8983618506, Lot code 4290
- Simply Organic Ranch Mix Dressing, 1 oz., UPC 8983618833, Lot codes 4147, 4195, 4225, 4274, 4315, 4356, 5027, 5028
- Simply Organic Ranch Dip Mix, 1.5 oz., UPC 8983618840, Lot codes 4194, 4195, 4226, 4274, 4315, 4356, 4360, 5028
- Simply Organic French Onion Dip Mix, 1.1 oz., UPC 8983618841, Lot codes 4157, 4197, 4258, 4258A, 4281, 4281A, 4325, 4364, 5040
- Simply Organic Guacamole Dip Mix, 0.8 oz., UPC 8983618842, Lot codes 4148, 4176, 4195, 4254, 4255, 4302, 4318, 4363, 5029, 5030
- Simply Organic Creamy Dill Dip Mix, 0.7 oz., UPC 8983618843, Lot codes 4156, 4197, 4237, 4279, 4324, 5009, 5035
GIANT/MARTIN’S has received no reports of illnesses to date. Consumption of food contaminated with Salmonella can cause salmonellosis, one of the most common bacterial foodborne illnesses. Salmonella infections can be life-threatening, especially to those with weak immune systems, such as infants, the elderly and persons with HIV infection or undergoing chemotherapy. The most common manifestations of salmonellosis are diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and fever within eight to 72 hours. Additional symptoms may be chills, headache, nausea and vomiting that can last up to seven days.
Customers who have purchased these products should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to GIANT/MARTIN’S for a full refund.
Consumers looking for additional information on the recall may call Frontier Co-op at 800-669-3275. In addition customers may call GIANT/MARTIN’S Customer Service at 1-888-814-4268 for more information. Customers can also visit the GIANT or MARTIN'S websites.
Headquartered in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, GIANT/MARTIN’S operates nearly 200 grocery stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia, under the names of GIANT Food Stores and MARTIN’S Food Markets. GIANT/MARTIN’S employs more than 31,000 associates. Founded in 1923, GIANT and MARTIN’S have a long-standing commitment to eradicate hunger and improve the quality of life for children in addition to working with hundreds of local organizations annually. The company was recognized for its leadership in the fight against hunger with the Golden Grocer Award by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. In addition, GIANT/MARTIN’S is one of the top ten fund-raisers in the country for local Children’s Miracle Network hospitals. GIANT and MARTIN’S are Ahold companies. For more information visit GIANT or MARTIN'S websites. Find GIANT and MARTIN'S on Facebook and on Twitter @GiantFoodStores or @MartinsFoodMkts.